Saturday, April 11, 2009

Is it ok to send flowers to my boyfriend at work for his birthday?

We have been dating for 4 yrs and he%26#039;s got me flowers twice in that time. He is not a real sensitive guy but I thought it would be a good gesture to send him some flowers on his birthday at work so he realises how it feels. I%26#039;m only concerned if he does not feel more embaressed than happy about it.


He works in a small office and is in finance. Everyone there is pretty much suit and tie. Nobody has received flowers at his office so far. I just want to get some advise from other folks because I don%26#039;t want him to become uncomfortable with the fact that I sent him flowers.

Is it ok to send flowers to my boyfriend at work for his birthday?
Some guys like it but I really don%26#039;t think I would. He will most likely get teased because that%26#039;s just what guys do. I mentioned sending my hubby flowers one time and he said that I BETTER NOT! It was funny. Big macho guys can%26#039;t be getting flowers at work! Haha
Reply:I sent a boyfriend of mine flowers for once at work, but I asked for tiger lilies to be sent, and not roses or anything pink or too pretty. (Some of the more architectural flowers would have been OK too). I also advised the florist carefully as I didn%26#039;t want twee bows and ribbons all over it either.





Despite him being a lawyer, and working in a really small office with all males except for the receptionist, once he%26#039;d got over the initial embarassment, he got quite a bit of respect for it - as did I from his fellow colleagues.





If your boyfriend is a confident guy and settled in at work, you should be OK, but I guess you always take a risk that he will take offence ( %26amp; he%26#039;d be daft if he did). However, if he is a sensitive guy, he will probably really enjoy the gesture and appreciate the effort you went to. Good luck with it and I hope he loves receiving them!



acting resources

No comments:

Post a Comment